HAVERSHAM VILLAGE SCHOOL
Spring 1st Half Term 2017
Topic - Castles and Dragons
Year 1 - Squirrels
Miss Emma Penny
How you can help:
- Reading with your child as often as possible.
- Discussing what they have read, asking them questions about what they have read and what they think might happen next, or why characters might say or do particularly things.
- Sharing a range of other reading material, letting both your child read and you reading to them.
- Supporting your child with their weekly homework and encouraging them to hand it in on time.
- Helping them to learn their spellings.
- Playing number games and helping them to learn their times tables (particularly x2, x5, x10) to improve their mental maths skills.
- Coming in to discuss any queries or problems that may have arisen, after school as is necessary.